This is a temporary position which may lead to a regular full-time job (3 openings).
Nanosys is looking for Production Chemists who will be responsible for supporting the group’s production of quantum dots including performing distillations and synthetic chemistry following standard operating procedures. Most of the chemistry is done in glove boxes or air-free environments. Duties include assisting in process scale-up, validation, documentation and transfer to manufacturing. Additional duties include cleaning and maintaining reactors and glassware, ordering supplies and general record keeping. Expected to work efficiently with little supervision.
Essential Job Functions include but are not limited to:
- Performing multi-step synthesis following SOPs;
- Washing and Formulation of nano-crystals following SOPs;
- Distillation and purification of specialty chemicals;
- GMPlevel documentation;
- Cleaning and maintaining synthesis equipment; and
- Participating in daily maintenance of laboratory inventory, order and cleanliness.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong teamwork, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in organic synthesis, specialty chemical manufacturing a plus.
- Experience in air-free techniques.
- Experience inGMPenvironment desired.
- Ability to lift up to 40lbs.
Education, Experience and Certifications:
- B.S. in Chemistry (or equivalent)
- 1 – 5 years experience in manufacturing/synthesi
Please apply at this site: https://home.eease.com/recruit/?id=1379641 and attach your cover letter and resume.