Join the Quantum Dot Technology and Market Leaders!
This is a contract position with the potential to convert to full time, depending on business needs.
We are the leader in developing the market for quantum dots in the TV and display industry. Our technology enables two of the hottest new features in TV today: UltraHD and High Dynamic Range (HDR). We are currently developing the next generation of super high color and ultra-high definition materials that many major TV manufacturers such as Samsung, TCL and HiSense turn to when looking to improve the color output of their latest and greatest TV.
Quantum Dots are one of the first successful commercial applications of real nanotechnology. Each quantum dot is a tiny crystal, just a bit bigger than a water molecule that has a unique superpower- the ability to emit light with incredible brightness, efficiency and pure color. Our customers apply trillions of these tiny crystals to displays in devices from TVs to tablets to make them brighter and more power efficient with accurate, lifelike colors.
Our business is growing, and we now need to bring on-board a proactive and adaptable test technician to support and enhance our state-of-the-art optical and reliability laboratories. About 50% of the work will include regular testing, however, due to the R&D nature of our business, a lot of the responsibility of this role will be working with our researchers on one-off and unique requests which will require some inventiveness and a high degree of self motivation!
Summary of essential job functions:
- Follow standard operating procedures (SOPs) and work instructions to test optical performance and reliability of quantum dot film samples using LabVIEW and various other software platforms.
- Perform routine data analysis using templates in Excel and running macros to load data and auto-calculate and plot.
- Perform routine maintenance and monitoring of test and measurement platforms, including monitoring temperatures and light output and tuning electrical equipment according to established procedures.
- Schedule tests and measurements based on defined measurement frequency and special requests, retrieve and distribute samples according to schedule.
- Work safely and effectively in a glove box, use syringes to transfer materials between containers, label and organize containers.
- Quickly understand, respond, and adapt to new requests and quickly learn or create new procedures/methods.
- Analyze and present data - Retrieve data from multiple database files, compile data in Excel, perform calculations, and make plots. Compare data sets. Summarize results and conclusions in PowerPoint and present to a group.
- Troubleshoot and problem solve on hardware, computer, and software issues.
- Proactively seek opportunities to improve our operations and test capabilities.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have exceptionally good organizational skills and pay close attention to detail.
- Must have the ability to precisely describe testing methods and procedures and to proactively communicate with a multidisciplinary team on any issues with testing, equipment, data, and analysis.
- Work effectively with Windows and Office programs - Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Write up procedures in Word and Excel.
- Flexibility to work after hours and weekends as needed.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- LabVIEW, Visual Basic, and/or other computer programming experience.
- Some mechanical design, machining, and/or electronics design and assembly.
Required Education, Experience and Certifications:
- B.S. or Associates Degree in Optics, Physics or Mechanical Engineering or a similar discipline such as Electrical, Electronics, Laser or Device Engineering.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands include: walking, standing, sitting, use of hands or fingers to handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk and hear, lift up to 40 pounds, close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less), distant vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more), color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors), peripheral vision (ability to observe and area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point), Depth perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships), ability to adjust focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus). Must be capable of climbing step stool to reach items at heights above 7 feet. Must be able to physically stand for up to one hour. Must be able to safely wear necessary personal protective equipment in designated areas i.e. lab coat, safety glasses. Must be able to respond to visual and audible alarms.
Work is performed in either a laboratory environment or manufacturing setting. The ambient noise level in the work environment is moderate. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will work with and around hazardous chemicals.
EEOE M/F/D/V Employer