Join the Quantum Dot Pioneers!
Nanosys is building a Quantum Dot revolution, combining scientific expertise with awareness of the system needs of TV and display manufacturers.
Our Quantum dots improve the power efficiency, brightness and color performance of LED LCD displays. This enables LCDs to compete with and even outperform OLED displays. Nanosys has more than 30 products in the market from top brands like Samsung, Sharp, Vizio, TCL, Hisense and ASUS. Well over a million devices with Quantum Dots shipped in 2015 ranging in size from 7” to 88”.
Today, Quantum Dot displays are built just like LED displays. The quantum dots are added to the backlight of the display in the form of a translucent plastic film that is coated with quantum dots. Each sheet of film contains literally trillions of Quantum Dots. In this mode, the Quantum Dots are improving existing LED displays by enabling them to be more power efficient and by increasing their color performance by over 50%.
We are currently ramping up the development of our next generation Quantum Dot devices. This involves the development of new formulations that enable the material to be printed, patterned and applied in electroluminescent device structures. It’s for this reason that we invite you to consider the following opportunity at Nanosys.
Sr. Manager of Project Management #940
We are looking for an experienced, up-beat Project Manager who will bring their well-honed process improvement and PM skills from a lean manufacturing environment to bear on a wide range of corporate, R&D, engineering and production projects.
The senior PM will work closely with the executive management team to create new initiatives/plans and manage priorities for multiple projects in a fast paced and growing company. They will also integrate and oversee interaction amongst functional teams and conduct regular update meetings with the Nanosys management team. The position is based in Milpitas, CA and preference will be given to candidates located in the Bay Area.
Summary of essential responsibilities:
- Works with the senior management team to develop, manage and deliver both technical and corporate programs that support the achievement of high level corporate goals and objectives.
- Crafts, tracks and owns all aspects of a program, including: detailed project plans and milestones, resource allocations, risks/issues remediation, status reporting, budget management, and is the general “go to” person for details & status of the project.
- Oversees multiple concurrent projects and programs, varying in size/scope/complexity/budget, spanning several different functions and teams.
- Ensures all aspects of an initiative, from initial planning and requirements review, through to final hand-offs are identified, tracked, and executed to their greatest potential.
- Develop and implement timelines (Gantt charts), project status reports, meeting agenda and minutes, and timelines for tracking interdependencies of project deliverables.
- Works with finance to develop budgets and track project costs.
- Participates with management in creating materials and models used for quarterly and annual recasting of initiatives and priorities.
- Creates materials that can be utilized at various levels of the organization – from executive-level presentations, to finite-level materials to be used by project/program teams.
- Recognizes project challenges such as resource, technical and scheduling constraints and assists in their resolution via risk assessments tools.
- Proactively identifies risks in all assigned areas; work with teams and management to mitigate these risks before they become issues.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent leadership, collaboration, facilitation and interpersonal skills and the ability to work with cross-disciplinary groups.
- Self-starter with 7+ years of progressive project/program management experience on large scale initiatives; background in business process management and PMO-best practices a strong plus.
- Must be able to proactively identify schedule, budget and scope risks and drive solutions to keep projects on track for successful completion.
- Strong ability to manage amongst competing priorities and competing schedules to get a project across the finish line in a mode that brings value to all stakeholders inside and outside Nanosys.
- Be comfortable presenting to everyone from C-level to the Individual Contributor assigned to the project/program; must be able to influence, and have data-driven conversations.
- An intuitive ability to identify and champion opportunities for process and procedural improvements.
- Outstanding flexibility and adaptability to change as part of a fast-paced, high growth technology company.
- Bachelors’ degree in a technical/scientific field required. MBA strongly preferred.
- 7+ years’ industry experience in manufacturing specifically with knowledge in Process Development, Process Transfer, Manufacturing Science or Process Science. Nanosys is a specialty chemical manufacturing company so the ideal candidate will have experience from of the following industries: Chemical, Semi- Conductor, Hardware/Electronics.
- Program Management Professional (PMP) certification from the PMI or equivalent proficiency preferred.
- Demonstrated experience using standard program management tools and software (such as Microsoft Project), including integrated development plans, timelines, risk management, and budget monitoring.
- Proven expertise in Kaizan, Lean Six Sigma or a similar methodology.
Nanosys offers competitive salary including stock options with a wide range of benefits including a comprehensive health plan, basic life and AD&D, short and long-term disability insurance, 401(k) savings plan, 4 weeks paid time off, and 11 paid holidays. We are seeking results-oriented people that are driven to succeed through teamwork, focused on discovery to solve real-world challenges, and passionate about building a new industry.
Please submit your resume online at: https://home.eease.com/recruit/?id=15482631