Join the Quantum Dot Technology and Market Leaders!
Nanosys is building a Quantum Dot revolution, combining scientific expertise with awareness of the system needs of TV and display manufacturers. We are the world’s Number 1 designer and producer of Quantum Dots. Some of our biggest investors are companies like Samsung and 3M.
Our Quantum dots improve the power efficiency, brightness and color performance of LED LCD displays. This enables LCDs to compete with and even outperform OLED displays. Nanosys has more than 50 products in the market from top brands like Samsung, Sharp, Vizio, TCL, Hisense and ASUS.
Today, Quantum Dot displays are built just like LED displays. The quantum dots are added to the backlight of the display in the form of a translucent plastic film that is coated with quantum dots. Each sheet of film contains literally trillions of Quantum Dots. In this mode, the Quantum Dots are improving existing LED displays by enabling them to be more power efficient and by increasing their color performance by over 50%.
We are currently ramping up the development of our next generation Quantum Dot devices and it’s for this reason that we invite you to consider the following opportunity.
EH&S Program Manager #2050
This is an excellent opportunity for a career oriented EHS professional to work within a broad-spectrum program at a company renowned for its technological development. The activity at Nanosys ranges from the raw research & development of new materials (organic and inorganic) through to the manufacturing of nano materials, semi-conductors and fine chemicals for the display industry.
The initial primary responsibilities for the newly created role of EHS Program Manager is to prepare and submit registration for new chemicals and manage EHS program initiatives. The program manager will report to the Director of Regulatory Affairs and Sustainability.
Summary of Essential Job Functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Own and manage the regulatory affairs process for chemical and product registration and work towards the successful registration of newly formed chemicals.
- Manage the collection of data and information from lead scientists, process owners and supply chain; write the required regulatory submissions for new Nanosys products.
- Ensure the accurate and timely preparations of regulatory submissions, control and maintain regulatory records, track progress and notify process owners on status, etc.
- Identifying, assessing and monitoring workplace hazards and hazard mitigations.
- Support Environmental, Health, Safety and Sustainability on assigned project teams by attending team meetings and providing safe operating and regulatory guidance.
- Develop robust metrics and reports to communicate overall state of the EHS program.
- Conduct air monitoring, surface wipe sampling, etc.
- Maintain/enhance Emergency Response Team (ERT) preparedness.
- Facilitate employee training; build on-line and classroom training programs.
- Conduct chemical inventory update of Hazardous Material Business Plan using the California Environmental Report database.
- Audit internal employee training records.
Required Education, Experience and Certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in EH&S, Environmental Engineering or Chemistry (preferred).
- Minimum of four years related regulatory experience with strong hands and academic training in Chemistry and working with a large chemical inventory.
- Knowledgeable about Cal/OSHA, NFPA, ANSI and other applicable regulations.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written and the ability to interact well in a team environment.
- Ability and desire to work efficiently and productively in a multi-task environment on a daily basis, independently and with minimal supervision.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands include: walking, standing, sitting, use of hands or fingers to handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk and hear, lift up to 40 pounds, close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less), distant vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more), color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors), peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point), Depth perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships), ability to adjust focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus). Must be capable of climbing step stool to reach items at heights above 7 feet. Must be able to physically stand for up to one hour. Must be able to safely wear necessary personal protective equipment in designated areas i.e. lab coat, safety glasses. Must be able to respond to visual and audible alarms.
Work is mainly performed in a laboratory environment. The noise level in the environment is usually moderate. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will work with and around hazardous chemicals.
Nanosys offers competitive salary with a wide range of benefits including a comprehensive health plan, basic life and AD&D, short and long-term disability insurance, 401(k) savings plan, paid time off, paid holidays, employee referral program and stock options. We are seeking results-oriented people that are driven to succeed through teamwork, focused on discovery to solve real-world challenges, and passionate about building a new industry.
Please submit your resume online at: https://home.eease.com/recruit/?id=15631701