Join the Quantum Dot Technology and Market Leaders!
Nanosys is building a Quantum Dot revolution, combining scientific expertise with awareness of the system needs of TV and display manufacturers. We are the world’s Number 1 designer and producer of Quantum Dots and some of our biggest investors are companies like Samsung and 3M.
Our Quantum dots improve the power efficiency, brightness and color performance of LED LCD displays. This enables LCDs to compete with and even outperform OLED displays. Nanosys has more than 30 products in the market from top brands like Samsung, Sharp, Vizio, TCL, Hisense and ASUS. Millions of devices with Quantum Dots shipped in 2016 ranging in size from 7” to 88”.
Today, Quantum Dot displays are built just like LED displays. The quantum dots are added to the backlight of the display in the form of a translucent plastic film that is coated with quantum dots. Each sheet of film contains literally trillions of Quantum Dots. In this mode, the Quantum Dots are improving existing LED displays by enabling them to be more power efficient and by increasing their color performance by over 50%.
We are currently ramping up the development of our next generation Quantum Dot devices and it’s for this reason that we invite you to consider the following opportunity. We are looking for a Scientist with a background in chemistry or materials science to work on the development and improvement of quantum dot formulations for advanced materials, such as photoresists, inks, and related materials. The ideal candidate should have experience in the formulation of related monomer and resin materials, with a practical sense for meeting product specifications. Experience with optical materials is essential, and experience with quantum dots or other colloidal systems is highly desirable.
Summary of essential job functions/responsibilities:
- Development of robust and scalable quantum dot resin formulations for printing or coating.
- Control of formulation for viscosity, surface tension, quantum efficiency, light absorption, stability, and related parameters by manipulating the surface chemistry, purity and dispersion of quantum dots.
- Synthesis and purification of organic compounds, including ligands, monomers, or polymers, etc.
- Evaluation and optimization of quantum dot resin formulations to work with existing photoresist materials and new resin compositions.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have a strong background in resin formulation and thin film processing for optical and display applications.
- Experience with design and testing of photoresists ideally in the ink/printing or display fields.
- Experience with air-free synthesis technique is required.
- Experience with organic and inorganic synthesis.
- Measurement experience: Optical, rheological, metrology, film characterization.
- Self-Directed – our new scientist must have a successful track record of working independently on complex technical projects based on guidance from our senior R&D team.
Required Educational Qualifications:
- M.S. in an appropriate field (Chemistry, Materials Science) and at least 2 years of related industry experience.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands include: walking, standing, sitting, use of hands or fingers to handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk and hear, lift up to 40 pounds, close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less), distant vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more), color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors), peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point), Depth perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships), ability to adjust focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus). Must be capable of climbing step stool to reach items at heights above 7 feet. Must be able to physically stand for up to one hour. Must be able to safely wear necessary personal protective equipment in designated areas i.e. lab coat, safety glasses. Must be able to respond to visual and audible alarms.
Work is mainly performed in a laboratory environment. The noise level in the environment is usually moderate. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will work with and around hazardous chemicals.
Please submit your resume online at: https://home.eease.com/recruit/?id=15620751