Join the Quantum Dot Technology and Market Leaders!
Marketing Communications Specialist- Part-time (20 -24 hours per week) that will initially run for 6 months. #990T
We are the leader in developing the market for quantum dots in the TV and display industry. Our technology enables two of the hottest new features in TV today: UltraHD and High Dynamic Range (HDR). We are currently developing the next generation of super high color and ultra high definition materials that many major TV manufacturers such as Samsung, TCL and HiSense turn to when looking to improve the color output of their latest and greatest TV.
Quantum Dots are one of the first successful commercial applications of real nanotechnology. Each quantum dot is a tiny crystal, just a bit bigger than a water molecule, that has a unique superpower- the ability to emit light with incredible brightness, efficiency and pure color. We apply trillions of these tiny crystals to displays in devices from TVs to tablets to make them brighter and more power efficient with accurate, lifelike colors.
Our business has grown to such an extent that we now need to bring on-board a new marketing person that will help the current team extend their reach and promotional efforts.
As a vital member of the Sales & Marketing team, the Marketing Communications (MarCom) Specialist will be responsible for assisting with the delivery and maintenance of a range of marketing communication projects/programs to both internal and external audiences. Event and promotion planning support, presentation graphics design, and coordination of content development are among the many activities this role will deliver.
Because of the startup nature of our company this role is an excellent opportunity for an aspiring MarCom professional to build their resume and to learn from some very accomplished marketers. If you have excellent writing skills and a strong sense of accountability we will happily give you more and more ownership over key projects and initiatives. You will be able to show a highly desirable, results oriented, mix of key projects when you complete this six month contract. The Marketing Communications Specialist may also have the opportunity to join our team as a permanent member of ourstaff.
- Work with the Director of Marketing and Investor Relations to drive MarCom projects, including events, social media, product literature, e-mail campaigns, etc.
- Social Media – the ideal candidate will have a thorough understanding of the nuances of messaging in the social media landscape and will provide content management for intranet, external sites and social media platforms such as Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Ensure timely and effective MarCom deliverables for events such as product launches.
- Support planning activity for internal and external events/functions.
- Participate in planning, developing and scheduling MarCom programs to build brand awareness.
- Develop impactful collateral following the corporate branding templates and guidelines.
- Write, proofread and consult on the creation of creative briefs, web and digital initiatives, literature, promotions, and internal/external business communication. Develop and deliver material to internal Nanosys communications platforms.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills:
- Understanding of the marketing communications role in a sales and marketing organization.
- Proficiency in content creation software such as Adobe Creative Suite, Pages, Keynote and PowerPoint.
- Willingness to suggest ways to improve our marketing communications efforts.
- Familiarity with productivity software such as Asana and Sprout Social.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Thinking outside the box and willing to bring new, creative, ideas to the team.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and prioritize.
- High comfort level with scientific topics.
- Proactive self-starter able to work autonomously and as a team-player.
- Minimal travel, up to 15%.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Marketing, Business or a similar discipline.
- A passion for science and technology – we manufacture a very unique material and we hope to combine your interest in science with our passion for technology and help you build a great career in technology marketing.
- Strong written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal communication skills.
- Intellectual curiosity.
- This position does not offer any relocation assistance.
Please submit your resume online at: https://home.eease.com/recruit/?id=15543881