This is a temporary position with the potential to convert to full time, depending on business needs.
Both morning and afternoon shifts are available
We are the leader in developing the market for quantum dots in the TV and display industry. Our technology enables two of the hottest new features in TV today: UltraHD and High Dynamic Range (HDR). We are currently developing the next generation of super high color and ultra-high definition materials that many major TV manufacturers such as Samsung, TCL and HiSense turn to when looking to improve the color output of their latest and greatest TV.
Quantum Dots are one of the first successful commercial applications of real nanotechnology. Each quantum dot is a tiny crystal, just a bit bigger than a water molecule that has a unique superpower- the ability to emit light with incredible brightness, efficiency and pure color. Our customers apply trillions of these tiny crystals to displays in devices from TVs to tablets to make them brighter and more power efficient with accurate, lifelike colors.
Our business is growing and we now need to bring on-board several Chemical Manufacturing Technicians who will be responsible for supporting the group’s production of quantum dots including performing purifications and synthetic chemistry following standard operating procedures. Most of the chemistry is done in glove boxes or air-free environments.
Summary of essential job functions:
- After an initial period of training the new hire will operate production equipment according to established SOPs. He/She will perform manufacturing activities of full scope including but not limited to work functions in Quantum Dot Synthesis, reagent preparation, some analytical measurements such as UV Vis, blending and packaging.
- Perform daily production of commercial or development products according to production plan.
- Follow standard operating procedures (SOPs) and work instructions to manufacture product in glove boxes and/or fume hoods -
o using lab glassware, centrifuges, syringes,
o measuring liquid and dry chemicals,
o using temperature controllers, heating mantles, thermocouples and programs to run reactions.
- Adhere to and actively support corporate Employee, Health & Safety polices.
- Identify, report and participate in recommended improvement or corrective action on safety and environmental problems.
- Participate in Employee Health & Safety audits, site meetings, and group discussions.
- Assess workload and adjust time to complete work within timelines needed to meet production plan and customer demands.
- Demonstrate positive teamwork and assist fellow team members in completing work when necessary to meet deadlines.
- Perform and properly document assigned calibrations and preventive maintenance according to schedule.
- Maintain, label and exercise the practice of first-in-first out Raw Material, In Process or Finished Goods inventories according to established procedures.
- Communicate process deviations to supervisors.
- Improve knowledge and skills throughout the training process.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Read and be familiar with SDS (safety data sheets) and have worn PPE when handling hazardous chemicals.
- Demonstrated experience in either chemical lab, production or manufacturing environment.
- Competent in using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Office 365/Outlook.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with multiple deadlines and rapidly changing priorities.
- Must show a commitment to maintaining a safe workplace.
- Ability to take direction from multiple sources, and manage time to meet daily testing needs as well as satisfy longer term commitments to project support.
- Ability to multi-task is essential for success in this position.
- Should be very detail oriented.
- Good documentation skills, including written and oral communication.
- Must show a commitment to best laboratory and manufacturing practices.
- Must maintain satisfactory attendance at work facility, to include timeliness.
- Must be available and willing to work overtime on holidays, weekends and afterhours.
- Strong teamwork, communication, and interpersonal skills.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Organic synthesis and some analytical experience, specialty chemical manufacturing.
- Experience in air-free techniques working in glove boxes and schlenk line/vacuum gas manifold.
- Experience in GMP environment.
Education, Experience and Certifications:
- B.S. in science (chemistry, physics, biology or a similar discipline) or equivalent work experience.
- Without degree: 2-5 years’ experience in relevant manufacturing/chemical synthesis.
- Recent references available to confirm experience in Chemical Manufacturing or Production.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands include: walking, standing for multiple hours while working in front of manufacturing apparatus including glove boxes, fume hoods use of hands or fingers to handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk and hear, lift up to 40 pounds. With or without corrective lens: close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less), distant vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more), color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors), peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point), Depth perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships), ability to adjust focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus). Must be capable of climbing step stool to reach items at heights above 7 feet. Must be able to physically stand for up to one hour continuously. Must be able to safely wear necessary personal protective equipment in designated areas i.e. lab coat, safety glasses, gloves. Must be able to respond to visual and audible alarms.
Work is performed in a chemical manufacturing environment. The ambient noise level in the environment is moderate, with periodic higher frequency noise from processing equipment operation. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will work with hazardous chemicals.
Please submit your resume online at: https://home.eease.com/recruit/?id=15647901