Join the Quantum Dot Pioneers!
Nanosys is building a Quantum Dot revolution, combining scientific expertise with awareness of the system needs of TV and display manufacturers.
Our Quantum dots improve the power efficiency, brightness and color performance of LED LCD displays. This enables LCDs to compete with and even outperform OLED displays. Nanosys has more than 30 products in the market from top brands like Samsung, Sharp, Vizio, TCL, Hisense and ASUS. Well over a million devices with Quantum Dots shipped in 2015 ranging in size from 7” to 88”.
Today, Quantum Dot displays are built just like LED displays. The quantum dots are added to the backlight of the display in the form of a translucent plastic film that is coated with quantum dots. Each sheet of film contains literally trillions of Quantum Dots. In this mode, the Quantum Dots are improving existing LED displays by enabling them to be more power efficient and by increasing their color performance by over 50%.
We are currently ramping up the development of our next generation Quantum Dot devices. This involves the development of new formulations that enable the material to be printed, patterned and applied in electroluminescent device structures.
At our heart, we are a specialty chemicals company and our manufacturing process requires that we run wet chemistry lines with commercial scale reactors and process piping. We are currently growing our production capabilities and transforming some of our pilot lines into full scale commercial production. As we expand, the engineering we do and the products we make have never been created before. Our machine shop capabilities allow us to fabricate one off fittings. Our cutting-edge environment creates a unique opportunity for the kind of engineering and maintenance mechanic that enjoys a challenge and who can take ownership of equipment and processes – if that’s you then we invite you to consider the following opportunity for a Senior Process Equipment Maintenance Mechanic at Nanosys.
- Design, lay out and fabricate prototypes and fixtures for batch chemical processing operations.
- Work with the Engineering and Production departments to diagnose, repair, modify and maintain chemical processing equipment to insure safe and efficient operation.
- Respond to problems with utilities and the equipment supporting plant operations.
- Ensure that all preventative maintenance schedules and protocols are followed in a timely manner and that all records are kept up to date.
- Install and start up new (process) equipment.
- Write and conduct Installation and Operational Qualification (IQ/OQ) procedures for new equipment.
- Track equipment histories to ensure critical spare parts inventory.
- Follow Safety, Health & Environmental safe work procedures.
Experience and Job Requirements:
- Strong hands-on mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and equipment trouble shooting and maintenance skills.
- High school diploma or equivalent and five to eight years of mechanical maintenance experience in a chemical manufacturing or a fermentation / biotech / pharma environment.
- Ability to diagnose and repair mechanical, electrical or pneumatic problems with chemical production equipment and process piping.
- Familiarity with maintenance and handling of glass lined steel equipment.
- Experience with troubleshooting and repairing vacuum pumps, piping and high & low pressure plumbing.
- Experienced with use of hand tools and power tools. Ability to use machine tools to fabricate custom parts.
- Experience working with hazardous materials such as solvents and acids.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Must be safety conscious and have excellent safety record.
- Working knowledge of OSHA regulations.
- Ability to establish good working relationships with other departments.
- Write procedures for preventative maintenance (PM) and repair of equipment planned for use in production.
- Experience with PLC programming and troubleshooting.
- Ability to use CAD to design prototype components and fixtures.
- Knowledge of HVAC and facilities equipment.
Physical requirements necessary to perform this job:
- Visual acuity sufficient to work with small parts.
- Ability to hear abnormal sounds from process equipment, safety alarms and process alarms.
- Physical ability to perform equipment maintenance, including occasionally working in awkward positions.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to manipulate heavy items such as gas cylinders.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands include: walking, standing, sitting, use of hands or fingers to handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk and hear, lift up to 50 pounds, close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less), distant vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more), color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors), peripheral vision (ability to observe and area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point), Depth perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships), ability to adjust focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus). Must be capable of climbing step stool to reach items at heights above 7 feet. Must be able to physically stand for up to one hour. Must be able to safely wear necessary personal protective equipment in designated areas i.e. lab coat, safety glasses. Must be able to respond to visual and audible alarms.
Work is performed in either a laboratory environment or manufacturing setting. The ambient noise level in the work environment is moderate. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to hazardous chemicals.
Nanosys offers competitive salary with a wide range of benefits including a comprehensive health plan, basic life and AD&D, short and long-term disability insurance, 401(k) savings plan, paid time off, paid holidays, employee referral program and stock options. We are seeking results-oriented people that are driven to succeed through teamwork, focused on discovery to solve real-world challenges, and passionate about building a new industry.
Please submit your resume online: https://home.eease.com/recruit/?id=15494491