Join the Quantum Dot Technology and Market Leaders!
Research Technician – Chemical Manufacturing / Quantum Dot Synthesis
This is a temporary position with the potential to convert to full time, depending on business needs.This is an hourly contract position with our R&D group. We will teach you how to make/produce Quantum Dots using a wet chemistry process in our class leading manufacturing site here in Milpitas.
We are the leader in developing the market for Quantum Dots in the TV and display industry. Our technology enables two of the hottest new features in TV today: UltraHD and High Dynamic Range (HDR). We are currently developing the next generation of super high color and ultra-high definition materials that many major TV manufacturers such as Samsung, TCL and HiSense turn to when looking to improve the color output of their latest and greatest TV.
Quantum Dots are one of the first successful commercial applications of real nanotechnology. Each quantum dot is a tiny crystal, just a bit bigger than a water molecule, that has a unique superpower- the ability to emit light with incredible brightness, efficiency and pure color. We apply trillions of these tiny crystals to displays in devices from TVs to tablets to make them brighter and more power efficient with accurate, lifelike colors.
Research Technician – Chemical Manufacturing/Quantum Dot Synthesis #995T
We design, synthesize and manufacture our Quantum Dots in our facility here in Milpitas and our growth is such that we need to hire an additional associate scientist to work with our team of PhD researchers in the production of more Quantum Dots. This team is responsible for taking the raw materials that we synthesize and creating both QD cores and shells. We have a “roll-up your sleeves” culture that is based upon individual empowerment, mutual respect, integrity and recognition of successes and the new team member will have the following responsibilities:
- Work independently or under the supervision of senior scientist to develop the next generation semiconductor nanocrystals (Quantum Dots).
- Synthesis of nanomaterials in an air-free environment according to pre-drafted weekly plan, with limited daily supervision.
- Be involved in and contribute to developing scale up processes to commercialize new and existing materials.
- Help optimize and improve quantum dot synthesis as well as quantum dot characterization.
- Record, write detailed experimental procedures (in accordance with Good Manufacturing Process) and draft standard operating procedures (SOPs) to facilitate process transfer to production.
- Compile and present R&D data to the R&D organization.
- Perform QD purification and spectrophotometric evaluation of QD solutions.
- Analyze and help interpret spectral and optical test data.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and abilities:
- Strong teamwork, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in a GMP environment and a commitment to creating and maintaining a very safe working environment.
- Ability to seek/make recommendations solving QDs synthetic problems.
- Desire to follow and digest latest scientific discoveries in QD field.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Power Point, and Excel.
Required education, experience and qualifications:
- B.S. and 3 years of experience or an M.S and one years’ experience in Chemistry, Material Science or a similar discipline.
- Experience with air-free chemistry techniques.
- Familiarity with basic spectroscopic techniques and instruments such as a UV-Visible spectrophotometer, fluorimeter, TGA, ICP, etc.
- Good communication skills both verbal and written and the ability to interact well in a team environment.
- Ability and desire to work efficiently and productively in a multi-task environment on a daily basis, independently and with minimal supervision.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands include: walking, standing, sitting, use of hands or fingers to handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk and hear, lift up to 40 pounds, close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less), distant vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more), color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors), peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point), Depth perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships), ability to adjust focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus). Must be capable of climbing step stool to reach items at heights above 7 feet. Must be able to physically stand for up to one hour. Must be able to safely wear necessary personal protective equipment in designated areas i.e. lab coat, safety glasses. Must be able to respond to visual and audible alarms.
Work is performed in either a laboratory environment or manufacturing setting. The ambient noise level in the work environment is moderate. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will work with and around hazardous chemicals.
Please submit your resume online at: https://home.eease.com/recruit/?id=15563621