Join the Quantum Dot Technology and Market Leaders!
Nanosys is building a Quantum Dot revolution, combining scientific expertise with awareness of the system needs of TV and display manufacturers.
Our Quantum dots improve the power efficiency, brightness and color performance of LED LCD displays. This enables LCDs to compete with and even outperform OLED displays. Nanosys has more than 30 products in the market from top brands like Samsung, Sharp, Vizio, TCL, Hisense and ASUS. Millions of devices with Quantum Dots shipped in 2016 ranging in size from 7” to 88”.
Today, Quantum Dot displays are built just like LED displays. The quantum dots are added to the backlight of the display in the form of a translucent plastic film that is coated with quantum dots. Each sheet of film contains literally trillions of Quantum Dots. In this mode, the Quantum Dots are improving existing LED displays by enabling them to be more power efficient and by increasing their color performance by over 50%.
We are currently ramping up the development of our next generation Quantum Dot devices and it’s for this reason that we invite you to consider the following opportunity with the R&D team at Nanosys.
Summary of Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
- Spearhead the development of materials and methods for the integration of Quantum Dots and QD-containing materials into LEDs primarily by pursuing on-chip strategies.
- Work with chemists and materials scientists to design and fabricate Quantum Dot formulations for use in LED devices.
- Develop testing methodologies for evaluating LED device performance and predicting lifetimes.
- Make improvements to LED packaging structures that are compatible with high volume manufacturing at low cost.
- Investigate degradation mechanisms and work with team members to develop solutions.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Extensive experience with LED phosphors, quantum dots, or other light down-conversion technologies and how they integrate and function with packaging materials
- Experience in LED device design, thermal management, packaging and assembly.
- Experience with LED reliability testing methods and failure modes.
- Self-motivated with a hands-on and pro-active approach to problem solving.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills with an ability to articulate complex challenges across departments.
Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Characterization of optical performance of LEDs for display applications.
- Familiarity with quantum dot surface chemistry, purification, and functionalization.
- Familiarity with LED encapsulants and polymer processing.
- Hands-on LED/Device fabrication skills.
Required Qualifications (Education level):
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Physical Science, Solid State Chemistry, Device Physics and/or Engineering with focus on optical devices.
Nanosys offers competitive salary including stock options with a wide range of benefits including a comprehensive health plan, basic life and AD&D, short and long-term disability insurance, 401(k) savings plan, 4 weeks paid time off and 11 paid holidays.
Please submit your resume online at: https://home.eease.com/recruit/?id=15593881