Join the Quantum Dot Technology and Market Leaders!
Nanosys is building a Quantum Dot revolution, combining scientific expertise with awareness of the system needs of TV and display manufacturers.
Our Quantum dots improve the power efficiency, brightness and color performance of LED LCD displays. This enables LCDs to compete with and even outperform OLED displays. Nanosys has more than 30 products in the market from top brands like Samsung, Sharp, Vizio, TCL, Hisense and ASUS. Millions of devices with Quantum Dots shipped in 2016 ranging in size from 7” to 88”.
Today, Quantum Dot displays are built just like LED displays. The quantum dots are added to the backlight of the display in the form of a translucent plastic film that is coated with quantum dots. Each sheet of film contains literally trillions of Quantum Dots. In this mode, the Quantum Dots are improving existing LED displays by enabling them to be more power efficient and by increasing their color performance by over 50%.
We are currently ramping up our manufacturing improvement efforts we are now looking to hire a skilled chemist who will take our scale-up projects to the next level.
We are seeking a Process Development Chemist with experience in semiconductor nanocrystal (quantum dot) synthesis to be responsible for the process development, optimization, and scale-up of our solution based nanocrystal synthesis. The candidate should have a deep understanding of nanocrystal chemistry and its growth kinetics, and have extensive hands-on experience including nanocrystal synthesis, purification, characterization and data analysis. The candidate will need to conduct extensive research in small scale to select and optimize scalable processes for nanocrystal synthesis and purification. As the process owner, the candidate will then need to work with chemical engineers, equipment engineers and the manufacturing team to scale up the processes and address any issues which may come up during the scale-up. He/she will routinely need to track and analyze the manufacturing data to improve the processes. The process owner will also write, revise and review process documents including safety manual, SOP, work traveler, etc. In addition, the new chemist will also need to train manufacturing personnel on new processes and procedures.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- Lead process scale-up, validation, documentation, and transfer to manufacturing.
- Optimize semiconductor nanocrystal synthesis and purification, utilizing inorganic and organic chemistry techniques.
- Develop robust, scalable processes for next-generation manufacturing.
- Use analytical methods to characterize intermediates and products.
- Manage cross functional teams and processes in order to meet and deliver process development goals.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Deep understanding of nanocrystal chemistry and growth kinetics.
- Extensive experience with nanocrystal synthesis, purification and characterization.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written and strong interpersonal skills to interact well in a team environment.
- Ability and desire to work efficiently and productively in a deadline orientated production environment, independently and with minimal supervision.
- Design of experiment (DOE) methodology experience.
- Experience with air-free synthesis technique is required.
Required Education and Experience:
- PhD degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering and a minimum of 3 years of industrial experience or an MS degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering and 8 years of relevant experience.
- Industrial wet/solution based chemical scale-up experience.
- Excellent leadership, collaboration and interpersonal skills and the ability to work with cross-disciplinary groups.
- Superior problem-solving skills.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands include: walking, standing, sitting, use of hands or fingers to handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk and hear, lift up to 40 pounds, close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less), distant vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more), color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors), peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point), Depth perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships), ability to adjust focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus). Must be capable of climbing step stool to reach items at heights above 7 feet. Must be able to physically stand for up to one hour. Must be able to safely wear necessary personal protective equipment in designated areas i.e. lab coat, safety glasses. Must be able to respond to visual and audible alarms.
Work is mainly performed in a laboratory environment. The noise level in the environment is usually moderate. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will work with toxic or caustic chemicals.
Nanosys offers competitive salary with a wide range of benefits including a comprehensive health plan, basic life and AD&D, short and long-term disability insurance, 401(k) savings plan, paid time off, paid holidays, employee referral program and stock options. We are seeking results-oriented people that are driven to succeed through teamwork, focused on discovery to solve real-world challenges, and passionate about building a new industry.
Please submit your resume online at: https://home.eease.com/recruit/?id=15615841