Join the Quantum Dot Technology and Market Leaders!
Nanosys is building a Quantum Dot revolution, combining scientific expertise with awareness of the system needs of TV and display manufacturers. We are the world’s Number 1 designer and producer of Quantum Dots and some of our biggest investors are companies like Samsung and 3M.
Our Quantum dots improve the power efficiency, brightness and color performance of LED LCD displays. This enables LCDs to compete with and even outperform OLED displays. Nanosys has more than 30 products in the market from top brands like Samsung, Sharp, Vizio, TCL, Hisense and ASUS. Millions of devices with Quantum Dots shipped in 2016 ranging in size from 7” to 88”.
Today, Quantum Dot displays are built just like LED displays. The quantum dots are added to the backlight of the display in the form of a translucent plastic film that is coated with quantum dots. Each sheet of film contains literally trillions of Quantum Dots. In this mode, the Quantum Dots are improving existing LED displays by enabling them to be more power efficient and by increasing their color performance by over 50%.
We are currently ramping up the development of our next generation Quantum Dot devices and it’s for this reason that we invite you to consider the following opportunity.
R&D Scientist, Nanocrystal Synthesis #1080
Summary of Essential Job Functions include but are not limited to the following:
- The primary responsibility for this position will be researching and coming up with innovative synthesis methodologies for quantum dots aimed at improving both their optical and charge transport performance to be used in QD-LED applications.
- This is a Laboratory (hands-on) position with coordination with development partners.
- Chemical/ Inorganic synthesis of organometallics in air-free environments.
- Analytical characterization of organometallic precursors and quantum dots.
- Compile and present research data to the development team and make best case arguments for developing research programs.
- Keep excellent research notes and follow all best practice and GMP documentation guidelines.
Education, Experience and Certifications:
- PhD in Chemistry, Material Science or a similar discipline.
- Proven track record of innovative research in quantum dot synthesis.
- Knowledge of organic ligand synthesis, polymerization and cross-linking reactions.
- Familiarity with nanocrystal characterization techniques (TEM, XRD, NMR, spectroscopy etc.).
- Experience with air-free chemistry techniques, including Schlenk techniques and working with glove boxes.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written and the ability to interact well in a team environment.
- Ability and desire to work efficiently and productively in a multi-task environment on a daily basis, independently and with minimal supervision.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands include: walking, standing, sitting, use of hands or fingers to handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk and hear, lift up to 40 pounds, close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less), distant vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more), color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors), peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point), Depth perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships), ability to adjust focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus). Must be capable of climbing step stool to reach items at heights above 7 feet. Must be able to physically stand for up to one hour. Must be able to safely wear necessary personal protective equipment in designated areas i.e. lab coat, safety glasses. Must be able to respond to visual and audible alarms.
Work is mainly performed in a laboratory environment. The noise level in the environment is usually moderate. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will work with toxic or caustic chemicals.
Nanosys offers competitive salary with a wide range of benefits including a comprehensive health plan, basic life and AD&D, short and long-term disability insurance, 401(k) savings plan, paid time off, paid holidays, employee referral program and stock options. We are seeking results-oriented people that are driven to succeed through teamwork, focused on discovery to solve real-world challenges, and passionate about building a new industry.
Please submit your resume online at: https://home.eease.com/recruit/?id=15619491