This is a contract job which may lead to a regular full-time position depending on business needs.
In this role, you will be actively involved in the development of our next generation LED project where you will be a part of a team that creates novel light emissive devices that will use quantum dots as emitters. Responsibilities in this role include but are not limited to: reproducibly executing the important steps of substrate preparation and cleaning, thin film fabrication (from solution coating and vacuum thermal evaporation), as well as encapsulation and electrical & optical testing.
The majority of the work will be done inside an air-free glovebox in a cleanroom environment.
Summary of essential job functions:
- Work with the project team to develop and execute new fabrication techniques and processes to produce quantum dot based LEDs.
- Operate the following tools; spin coater, wet cleaner, plasma cleaner, hot plate, thermal evaporator, epoxy dispenser, UV curing system, etc.
- Prepare and clean glass substrates.
- Test devices for optical and electrical characteristics in both manual and automated formats.
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures for each step in the processes.
- Process monitoring and cleanroom environment monitoring.
- Maintain the laboratory and related equipment, order supplies.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience: fabricating small devices such as solution-processed or polymer OLEDs, solution – processed solar cells, coin-cell batteries, optoelectronic assemblies or thin films while working in an air-free glovebox.
- Experience with manual-dispense spin-coating and other manual solution-deposition methods, as well as R&D level vacuum film techniques (thermal evaporation, sputtering, etc.).
- Familiarity with basic laboratory equipment such as pipettes, vials and syringes and be comfortable handling small quantities of solvents, acids, bases, etc.
- Experience using hot plates, and plasma cleaners.
- Experience with thin film metrology, and spectrophotometers.
- Testing LEDs, solar cells or batteries for current-voltage characteristics.
- Excellent collaboration and interpersonal skills and the ability to work with cross-disciplinary groups.
- Solid mechanical problem-solving skills.
Education & Experience:
- An associate degree in materials science/chemistry/ engineering.
- Relevant industrial experience in electronics or optics research and development in a laboratory environment.
- Excellent manual dexterity and the ability to work in a glovebox while manipulating small objects/devices.
- Experience in air free glovebox is a plus.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands include: walking, standing, sitting, use of hands or fingers to handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk and hear, lift up to 40 pounds, close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less), distant vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more), color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors), peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point), Depth perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships), ability to adjust focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus). Must be capable of climbing step stool to reach items at heights above 7 feet. Must be able to physically stand for up to one hour. Must be able to safely wear necessary personal protective equipment in designated areas i.e. lab coat, safety glasses. Must be able to respond to visual and audible alarms.
Work is mainly performed in a laboratory environment. The noise level in the environment is usually moderate. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will work with toxic or caustic chemicals.
Please submit your resume online at: https://home.eease.com/recruit/?id=15619501