Join the Quantum Dot Technology and Market Leaders!
Nanosys is building a materials revolution, combining scientific expertise with awareness of the system needs of TV and display manufacturers. We are looking for people who are not only energetic, committed and passionate about what they do, but focused on applying innovation to help industries overcome obstacles through materials architecture. We have a “roll-up your sleeves” culture that is based upon individual empowerment, mutual respect, integrity and recognition of successes.
Our quantum dots (QDs) are designed to increase the range of colors emitted by standard displays by up to 50% and that’s why we are interested in the color emitting characteristics of the semi-conductor materials we synthesize into fluorescent nanocrystals. We are constantly developing new materials, evaluating new methods of encapsulation and always pushing the R&D envelope regarding the materials we design and manufacture. We have been very successful in developing the market for quantum dots in the display industry and we’ve been responsible for many breakthrough technological achievements. We are currently expanding our research activities and the successful candidate will play a key role in the development of our next generation quantum dots for display applications.
Summary of Essential Job Functions include but are not limited to the following:
- The primary responsibility for this position will be developing deep understanding of quantum dot photophysics to provide innovative solutions in the design of the QD system for both photoluminescent (PL) and electroluminescent (EL) devices.
- Characterize and quantify photophysical attributes of QDs from a variety of materials systems, including; photon absorption, charge injection, exciton formation, charge confinement and migration, radiative and non-radiative decay paths, multi-photon processes, degradation mechanisms and impact to quantum efficiency.
- Optical spectroscopy of quantum dots, including at the single-QD level.
- Translation/interpretation of QDs optical data into next generation QDs development, such as composition, core/shell construction, and surface ligand modifications,
- Experience in characterization of QDs in the form of QD-LED or QD composite materials.
- Expert in QD characterization techniques and instrumentation, especially all aspects of optical characterization.
- This is a laboratory (hands-on) position requiring coordination with several program teams, development partners, and other outside laboratories.
- Compile and present research data to the development teams and make best case arguments for accelerating research programs.
Education, Experience and Certifications:
- PhD in physics, physical chemistry, material science or a similar discipline.
- Proven track record of innovative research in the field of quantum dots or closely related optical materials.
- Familiarity with QD optical characterization measurements (radiative and non-radiative lifetime measurements, multiphoton process measurement, single QD particle spectroscopy, etc.) and QD device characterization techniques (energy level, charge mobility, EQE etc.).
- Quantum dots composition modeling/simulation experience a plus.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written and the ability to interact well in a team environment, as well as external collaborators.
- Ability and desire to work efficiently and productively in a multi-task environment on a daily basis, independently and with minimal supervision.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands include: walking, standing, sitting, use of hands or fingers to handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk and hear, lift up to 40 pounds, close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less), distant vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more), color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors), peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point), Depth perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships), ability to adjust focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus). Must be capable of climbing step stool to reach items at heights above 7 feet. Must be able to physically stand for up to one hour. Must be able to safely wear necessary personal protective equipment in designated areas i.e. lab coat, safety glasses. Must be able to respond to visual and audible alarms.
Work is mainly performed in a laboratory environment. The noise level in the environment is usually moderate. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will work with toxic or caustic chemicals.
Nanosys offers competitive salary with a wide range of benefits including a comprehensive health plan, basic life and AD&D, short and long-term disability insurance, 401(k) savings plan, paid time off, paid holidays, employee referral program and stock options. We are seeking results-oriented people that are driven to succeed through teamwork, focused on discovery to solve real-world challenges, and passionate about building a new industry.
Please submit your cover letter and resume online at: https://home.eease.com/recruit/?id=15624001