This is a contract job which may lead to a regular full-time position depending on business needs.
Join the Quantum Dot Pioneers!
Nanosys is building a materials revolution, combining scientific expertise with awareness of the system needs of TV and display manufacturers. We are looking for people who are not only energetic, committed and passionate about what they do, but focused on applying innovation to help industries overcome obstacles through materials architecture. We have a “roll-up your sleeves” culture that is based upon individual empowerment, mutual respect, integrity and recognition of successes.
Our quantum dots are designed to increase the range of colors emitted by standard displays by up to 50% and that’s why we are interested in the optical and color emitting characteristics of the semi-conductor materials we synthesize into fluorescent nanocrystals. Once created, the dots are coated onto a barrier film that we call QDEF, which in turn is added to a display during the manufacturing process. We are constantly developing new dots and always pushing the R&D regarding the materials we design and manufacture.
As a result of our growth we need to hire a technician who will work with our senior scientists and assist them in the development, optimization, and formulation of cadmium-free quantum dots for QDEF product development.
Responsibilities included but are not limited to the following:
- Perform nanoparticles synthesis, purification and ligand exchange under the direction of senior scientists.
- Able to handle high temperature reactions with air and moisture sensitive chemical reagents.
- Demonstrate ability to complete a wide range of tasks.
- Learn and operate R&D analytical instruments under the direction of senior scientists.
- Maintain accurate lab notes and record of experiments.
- Maintain R&D space by keeping it clean and orderly.
- BS in Chemistry or a closely related scientific discipline with at least one year of industrial experience.
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint).
- Experience with air and moisture sensitive materials and use of a glove box and Schlenk line.
- Basic experience with nanoparticles synthesis and analytical methods.
- High energy, goal oriented, results driven, able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Attitude of proactive problem solving and a work ethic of carrying assigned projects to completion.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands include: walking, standing, sitting, use of hands or fingers to handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk and hear, lift up to 40 pounds, close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less), distant vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more), color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors), peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point), Depth perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships), ability to adjust focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus). Must be capable of climbing step stool to reach items at heights above 7 feet. Must be able to physically stand for up to one hour. Must be able to safely wear necessary personal protective equipment in designated areas i.e. lab coat, safety glasses. Must be able to respond to visual and audible alarms.
Work is performed in either a laboratory environment or manufacturing setting. The ambient noise level in the work environment is moderate. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to hazardous chemicals.
Please submit your resume online at: https://home.eease.com/recruit/?id=15629881