Join the Quantum Dot Technology and Market Leaders!
Nanosys is building a Quantum Dot revolution, combining scientific expertise with awareness of the system needs of TV and display manufacturers. We are the world’s Number 1 designer and producer of Quantum Dots and some of our biggest investors are companies like Samsung and 3M.
Our Quantum dots improve the power efficiency, brightness and color performance of LED LCD displays. This enables LCDs to compete with and even outperform OLED displays. Nanosys has more than 30 products in the market from top brands like Samsung, Sharp, Vizio, TCL, Hisense and ASUS. Millions of devices with Quantum Dots shipped in 2016 ranging in size from 7” to 88”.
Today, Quantum Dot displays are built just like LED displays. The quantum dots are added to the backlight of the display in the form of a translucent plastic film that is coated with quantum dots. Each sheet of film contains literally trillions of Quantum Dots. In this mode, the Quantum Dots are improving existing LED displays by enabling them to be more power efficient and by increasing their color performance by over 50%.
Quantum Dot Formulations Scientist – Photoresists and Inks (Korea) #2040
We are currently ramping up the development of our next generation Quantum Dot devices and it’s for this reason that we invite you to consider the following opportunity in Korea. We have recently set up a lab in Korea to develop advanced Quantum Dot related materials and it is for this reason that we need to hire an engineer to work for us in our facility in Pyongtaek.
We are looking for a Scientist/Engineer with a background in chemistry or materials science to work on the development and improvement of quantum dot formulations for advanced materials, such as photoresists, inks, and related materials. The ideal candidate should have experience in the formulation of related monomer and resin materials, spin-coating, with a practical sense for meeting product specifications. Experience with optical materials is essential, and experience with quantum dots or other colloidal systems is highly desirable. Routine interaction with Nanosys partners in Korea is also required.
Summary of essential job functions/responsibilities:
- Development of quantum dot resin formulations for integration into photoresists.
- Optimization of these formulations to meet optical requirements.
- Control of formulation for viscosity, surface tension, quantum efficiency, light absorption, stability, and related parameters.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Photoresist – must have a very strong background in the design and testing of photoresists ideally in the ink/printing or display fields.
- Experience working with Quantum Dots or similar colloidal materials.
- Measurement experience: Optical, rheological, metrology, film characterization.
- English – the ideal candidate must speak excellent English.
- Self-Directed – our new engineer must have a successful track record of working independently on complex technical projects based on guidance from our senior R&D team here in California.
- Collaboration Skills – due to the nature of this industry partnership the ideal engineer should be very comfortable and confident working with numerous Nanosys partners in Korea.
Required Educational Qualifications:
- PhD in an appropriate field (Chemistry, Materials Science) and at least 2 years of related industry experience, or a Masters Degree and at least six years of relevant experience.
Location and Travel Requirements:
The new hire will work for Nanosys (a privately held Quantum Dot chemical manufacturing company based in Milpitas, California) and will be based in a new lab in Pyongtaek, Korea and he/she will need to spend the first 2 or 3 months of their employment in our manufacturing facility in California learning our technology and methods. Due to the “technical transfer” nature of this job several visits to the U.S will be required throughout the year.
Please submit your resume online at: https://home.eease.com/recruit/?id=15631661