This is a temporary position with the potential to convert to full time, depending on business needs.
Join the Quantum Dot Pioneers!
Nanosys is building a materials revolution, combining scientific expertise with awareness of the system needs of TV and display manufacturers. We are looking for people who are not only energetic, committed and passionate about what they do, but focused on applying innovation to help industries overcome obstacles through materials architecture. We have a “roll-up your sleeves” culture that is based upon individual empowerment, mutual respect, integrity and recognition of successes.
Our quantum dots are designed to increase the range of colors emitted by standard displays by up to 50% and that’s why we are interested in the optical and color emitting characteristics of the semi-conductor materials we synthesize into fluorescent nanocrystals. Once created, the dots are coated onto a barrier film that we call QDEF, which in turn is added to a display during the manufacturing process. We are constantly developing new dots and always pushing the R&D regarding the materials we design and manufacture.
Because of our growth we need to hire a chemical technician who will work with our Polymer, Resins and Formulations scientists and work hands on in our development labs.
Summary of Essential Job Functions that include but are not limited to the following:
- Perform nanoparticle purification, ligand exchange, and characterization under the direction of senior scientists.
- Prepare resin-quantum dot mixtures and ink formulations and process them into films and other articles.
- Perform film measurements and summarize results of experiments.
- Maintain accurate lab notes and record of experiments.
- Ability to complete a wide range of tasks.
- Operate and calibrate R&D analytical instrumentation.
- Develop and follow SOPs.
- Keep R&D space orderly and equipped.
Required Education, Experience and Skills:
- BS in Chemistry (organic preferred), Chemical Engineering or a related scientific discipline.
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint).
- Basic experience with chemical synthesis and analytical methods.
- High energy, goal oriented, results driven. Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Attitude of proactive problem solving and a work ethic of carrying assigned projects to completion.
- Experience with air and moisture sensitive materials and use of a glove box.
- Experience with polymer and nanocomposite formulation and processing.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands include: walking, standing, sitting, use of hands or fingers to handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk and hear, lift up to 40 pounds, close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less), distant vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more), color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors), peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point), Depth perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships), ability to adjust focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus). Must be capable of climbing step stool to reach items at heights above 7 feet. Must be able to physically stand for up to one hour. Must be able to safely wear necessary personal protective equipment in designated areas i.e. lab coat, safety glasses. Must be able to respond to visual and audible alarms.
Work is performed in either a laboratory environment or manufacturing setting. The ambient noise level in the work environment is moderate. While performing the duties of this job, the employee the employee will work with and around hazardous chemicals.
Please apply online at: https://home.eease.com/recruit/?id=15639071