Join the Quantum Dot market and technology leaders!
Are you the kind of person that can
~ fix anything mechanical
~ has a natural aptitude for tinkering and repairing
~ loves to get their hands dirty while taking something apart and putting it back together again
~ knows how to fix or is interested in knowing how to repair a glass lined reactor??
If the answer to these questions is yes; then please read on….
We are the leader in developing the market for quantum dots in the TV and display industry. Our technology enables two of the hottest new features in TV today: UltraHD and High Dynamic Range (HDR). We are currently developing the next generation of super high color and ultra-high definition materials that many major TV manufacturers such as Samsung, TCL and HiSense turn to when looking to improve the color output of their latest and greatest TV.
Quantum Dots are one of the first successful commercial applications of real nanotechnology. Each quantum dot is a tiny crystal, just a bit bigger than a water molecule that has a unique superpower- the ability to emit light with incredible brightness, efficiency and pure color. We apply trillions of these tiny crystals to displays in devices from TVs to tablets to make them brighter and more power efficient with accurate, lifelike colors.
At our heart, we are a specialty chemicals company and our manufacturing process requires that we run wet chemistry lines with commercial scale reactors and process piping. We are currently growing our production capabilities and transforming some of our pilot lines into full scale commercial production. Our cutting-edge environment creates a unique opportunity for the kind of engineering and maintenance mechanic that enjoys a challenge and who can take ownership of equipment and processes.
Our ideal candidate will have at least two years’ experience as a journeyman level mechanic working on complicated systems or machinery - he/she will have a natural inclination to tinker and fix mechanical parts such as mechanical seals or high-pressure vacuum pumps.
Military veterans with motor pool, heavy equipment and/or diesel/shipboard training are highly encouraged to apply to this role.
- Work with the Engineering and Production departments to diagnose, repair, modify and maintain chemical processing equipment to insure safe and efficient operation.
- Respond to problems with the equipment supporting plant operations.
- Ensure that all preventative maintenance schedules and protocols are followed in a timely manner and that all records are kept up to date.
- Assist with the installation and start up new (process) equipment.
- Track equipment history to ensure critical spare parts inventory.
- Follow Safety, Health & Environmental safe work procedures.
Experience and Job Requirements:
- Strong hands-on mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and equipment trouble shooting and maintenance skills.
- High school diploma or equivalent and two years of mechanical maintenance experience ideally in a chemical manufacturing or a fermentation / biotech / pharma environment OR training in one of the following areas;
o Military motor pool, jet/turbine engine or heavy equipment maintenance
o Shipboard diesel or nuclear-powered turbine maintenance
o Auto/fleet maintenance
- Experienced with use of hand tools and power tools. Ability to use machine tools to fabricate custom parts.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Must be safety conscious and have excellent safety record.
- Working knowledge of OSHA regulations.
- Ability to establish good working relationships with other departments.
- Ability to diagnose and repair mechanical, electrical or pneumatic problems with production equipment and process piping.
- Experience with troubleshooting and repairing vacuum pumps, piping and high & low-pressure plumbing.
- Experience working with hazardous materials such as solvents and acids.
- Experience with PLC programming and troubleshooting.
- Ability to use CAD to design prototype components and fixtures.
- Knowledge of HVAC and facilities equipment.
Physical requirements necessary to perform this job:
- Visual acuity sufficient to work with small parts.
- Ability to hear abnormal sounds from process equipment, safety alarms and process alarms.
- Physical ability to perform equipment maintenance, including occasionally working in awkward positions.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to manipulate heavy items such as gas cylinders.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands include: walking, standing, sitting, use of hands or fingers to handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk and hear, lift up to 50 pounds, close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less), distant vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more), color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors), peripheral vision (ability to observe and area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point), Depth perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships), ability to adjust focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus). Must be capable of climbing step stool to reach items at heights above 7 feet. Must be able to physically stand for up to one hour. Must be able to safely wear necessary personal protective equipment in designated areas i.e. lab coat, safety glasses. Must be able to respond to visual and audible alarms.
Work is performed in either a laboratory environment or manufacturing setting. The ambient noise level in the work environment is moderate. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will work with and around hazardous chemicals.
Nanosys offers competitive salary with a wide range of benefits including a comprehensive health plan, basic life and AD&D, short and long-term disability insurance, 401(k) savings plan, paid time off, paid holidays, and stock options.
We are seeking results-oriented people that are driven to succeed through teamwork, focused on discovery to solve real-world challenges, and passionate about building a new industry.
Please submit your resume online: https://home.eease.com/recruit/?id=15640581