Join The Quantum Dot Company™!
Nanosys is building a materials revolution, combining scientific expertise with awareness of the system needs of TV and display manufacturers. We are looking for people who are not only energetic, committed and passionate about what they do, but focused on applying innovation to help industries overcome obstacles through materials architecture. We have a “roll-up your sleeves” culture that is based upon individual empowerment, mutual respect, integrity and recognition of successes.
Our quantum dots are designed to increase the range of colors emitted by standard displays by up to 50% and that’s why we are interested in the optical and color emitting characteristics of the semi-conductor materials we synthesize into fluorescent nanocrystals. We are constantly developing new dots and always pushing the R&D envelope regarding the materials we design and manufacture.
We are seeking a highly creative material scientist to develop next-generation printable, electronic materials for our QD-LED devices. These new devices have the capability to revolutionize the performance and cost structure of OLED devices. The ideal candidate will have experience with the synthesis of novel electronic materials and be familiar with semiconductor device fabrication and operation.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience working on and solving challenges associated with solution processible inorganic semiconductor materials including either the Electron Transport Layer (ETL) or Hole Transport Layer (HTL).
The scientist will work on a highly capable team of experts in both device and materials development and candidates with a background in any of the following industries are encouraged to apply.
~ Quantum Dot
~ CIGS/Solar Cell / Photovoltaics
Essential Job Functions include but are not limited to the following:
- The primary responsibility for this position will be identification and development of innovative material compositions and processing techniques for printable inorganic semiconductors for use in electroluminescent QD-LEDs.
- This is a Laboratory (hands-on) position.
- Design and synthesize solution processible inorganic charge transport materials to match QD emitters.
- Inorganic synthesis of precursors and nanoparticles.
- Deposition and manipulation of thin films by solution-processing techniques.
- Analytical characterization of nanoparticles and thin films.
- Compile and present research data to the development team and make best case arguments for developing research programs.
- Keep excellent research notes and follow all best practice documentation guidelines.
Required Education, Experience and Certifications:
- PhD in Chemistry, Material Science, Chemical Engineering, or a similar discipline. Industrial experience is preferred.
- Proven track record of innovative research in bottom-up synthesis and solution-processing of inorganic semiconductor materials.
- Experience in nanoparticle synthesis (e.g. sol-gel chemistry, solvothermal synthesis) and thin film deposition techniques (e.g. spin-coating, inkjet-printing).
- Knowledge of semiconductor physics (e.g. charge transport, doping, interfaces).
- Familiarity with nanocrystal and thin film characterization techniques (TEM, SEM, AFM, XRD, XPS/UPS, optical spectroscopy etc.).
- Experience with air-free chemistry techniques, including Schlenk techniques and working with glove boxes.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written and the ability to interact well in a team environment.
- Ability and desire to work efficiently and productively in a multi-task environment on a daily basis, independently and with minimal supervision.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands include: walking, standing, sitting, use of hands or fingers to handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk and hear, lift up to 40 pounds, close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less), distant vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more), color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors), peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point), Depth perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships), ability to adjust focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus). Must be capable of climbing step stool to reach items at heights above 7 feet. Must be able to physically stand for up to one hour. Must be able to safely wear necessary personal protective equipment in designated areas i.e. lab coat, safety glasses. Must be able to respond to visual and audible alarms.
Work is performed in either a laboratory environment or manufacturing setting. The ambient noise level in the work environment is moderate. While performing the duties of this job, the employee the employee will work with and around hazardous chemicals.
Nanosys offers competitive salary with a wide range of benefits including a comprehensive health plan, basic life and AD&D, short and long-term disability insurance, 401(k) savings plan, paid time off, paid holidays, and stock options.
We are seeking results-oriented people that are driven to succeed through teamwork, focused on discovery to solve real-world challenges, and passionate about building a new industry.
Please submit your resume online: https://home.eease.com/recruit/?id=15640851