This is a temporary position for approximately six to eight weeks; we are hiring for two shifts:
Shift 1: 6:00 am – 2:30 pm
Shift 2: 2:00 pm – 10:30 pm.
Training may occur on opposite shift.
Nanosys is building a Quantum Dot revolution, combining scientific expertise with awareness of the system needs of TV and display manufacturers. We are the world’s Number 1 designer and producer of Quantum Dots ( a brightly colored semi-conductor nanocrystal) and some of our biggest investors are companies like Samsung and 3M.
We are continuing to grow, and we currently need to hire several Chemical Manufacturing Technicians who will be responsible for supporting the group’s production of quantum dots including performing purifications and synthetic chemistry following standard operating procedures. Most of the chemistry is done in glove boxes or air-free environments.
Summary of essential job functions:
- After an initial period of training the technician will operate production equipment according to established SOPs. He/She will perform manufacturing activities including but not limited to, reagent preparation, product filtration, and some analytical measurements.
- Follow standard operating procedures (SOPs) and work instructions to manufacture product in glove boxes and/or fume hoods -
o using lab glassware, centrifuges, syringes, pressure and vacuum systems
o measuring liquid and dry chemicals,
o using temperature controllers, heating mantles, thermocouples and programs to run reactions.
- Adhere to and actively support corporate Employee, Health & Safety polices.
- Identify and report on safety and environmental issues.
- Demonstrate positive teamwork and assist fellow team members in completing work when necessary to meet deadlines.
- Communicate process deviations to supervisors.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be available and willing to work overtime on holidays, weekends and after hours.
- Read and be familiar with SDS (safety data sheets) and have worn PPE when handling hazardous chemicals.
- Demonstrated experience in either chemical lab, production or manufacturing environment.
- Competent in using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Office 365/Outlook.
- Must show a commitment to maintaining a safe workplace.
- Ability to take direction from multiple sources, and manage time to meet daily needs
- Should be very detail oriented.
- Good documentation skills, including written and oral communication.
- Must show a commitment to best laboratory and manufacturing practices.
- Must maintain satisfactory attendance at work facility, to include timeliness.
- Strong teamwork, communication, and interpersonal skills.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Organic synthesis and some analytical experience, specialty chemical manufacturing.
- Experience in air-free techniques working in glove boxes and schlenk line/vacuum gas manifold.
- Experience in GMP environment.
Education, Experience and Certifications:
- A.S. in science (chemistry, physics, biology or a similar discipline) or equivalent work/lab experience.
- Without degree: 1-3 years’ experience in relevant manufacturing/chemical synthesis.
- Recent references available to confirm experience in Chemical Manufacturing or Production.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands include: walking, standing for multiple hours while working in front of manufacturing apparatus including glove boxes, fume hoods. Use of hands or fingers to handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk and hear, lift up to 40 pounds. With or without corrective lens: close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less), distant vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more), color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors), peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point), Depth perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships), ability to adjust focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus). Must be capable of climbing step stool to reach items at heights above 7 feet. Must be able to physically stand for up to one hour continuously. Must be able to safely wear necessary personal protective equipment in designated areas i.e. lab coat, safety glasses, gloves. Must be able to respond to visual and audible alarms.
Work is performed in a chemical manufacturing environment. The ambient noise level in the environment is moderate, with periodic higher frequency noise from processing equipment operation. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will work with hazardous chemicals.
Please submit your resume online at: https://home.eease.com/recruit/?id=15642111