Join the Quantum Dot Pioneers!
Nanosys is building a materials revolution, combining scientific expertise with awareness of the system needs of TV and display manufacturers. We are looking for people who are not only energetic, committed and passionate about what they do, but focused on applying innovation to help industries overcome obstacles through materials architecture. We have a “roll-up your sleeves” culture that is based upon individual empowerment, mutual respect, integrity and recognition of successes.
Our quantum dots are designed to increase the range of colors emitted by standard displays by up to 50% and that’s why we are interested in the color emitting characteristics of the semi-conductor materials we synthesize into fluorescent nanocrystals. Once created, the dots are coated onto a barrier film that we call QDEF, which in turn is added to a display during the manufacturing process. We are constantly developing new dots, looking at new methods of encapsulation and always pushing the R&D envelope regarding the materials we design and manufacture. We have been very successful in developing the market for quantum dots in the display industry and we’ve been responsible for many breakthrough technological achievements. We are currently developing our next generation of game changing devices which involves the development of Quantum Dots as emitters of light & color and it is for this reason that we invite you to consider the following opportunity at Nanosys:
Sr. Device Physicist – QLED
Nanosys is seeking an experienced device physicist to conduct R&D of novel light emissive devices that use quantum dots as emitters. Our company is entering the next phase of its development and as a consequence we are looking for an up-beat, hands-on technical professional who can contribute to the ground-breaking projects in a deadline driven environment. The ideal candidate will have a successful track record in the device physics of thin-film / optoelectronic devices such as OLEDs.
Summary of essential job functions:
- Lead the device physics effort with the focus on device failure analysis and lifetime improvement.
- Drive EQE and lifetime improvement by designing, building, and owning advanced characterization techniques and device modeling capabilities.
- Work with the QLED team to develop and execute agreed upon performance timelines.
- Develop materials performance criteria and appropriate measurement criteria. Develop creative new means to characterize these devices.
- Work with the material scientists to modify materials for improved device performance.
- Work with external collaborators to accelerate development.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Extensive experience in device physics and failure analysis in the field of OLED, solar cells and semiconductor devices.
- Experience building, using and troubleshooting advanced techniques such as impedance spectroscopy/capacitance-voltage, CELIV/photo-CELIV, Transient EL, Dark Injection, frequency-modulated EL, etc.
- Extensive experience in the characterization of novel semiconductor and optical materials and the ability to develop processes and methods where no research or literature has been previously published.
- Strong test methodology background associated with electro-optical characterization of these devices; including measurement of EQE, device lifetime, as well as approaches to probe failure modes of these devices.
- Experience with semiconductor device modeling, band diagrams, and approaches to resolving issues illuminated by these models is required.
- Deep understanding of device physics as it applies to improving both device efficiency and lifetime. Experience determining origin of device failure modes highly desired.
- Superior problem-solving skills.
- A willingness to take chances, think beyond the conventional and then test a hypothesis and re-calibrate in order to reach a materials performance goal.
Education & Experience:
- A Ph.D. in Physics, Electrical Engineering, Materials Science or a very closely related engineering discipline.
- 3+ years of relevant industrial experience developing OLED or other thin film devices ideally in the display or lighting industry.
- Experience with the development and characterization of innovative/novel materials in the thin film space.
Nanosys offers competitive salary with a wide range of benefits including a comprehensive health plan, basic life and AD&D, short and long-term disability insurance, 401(k) savings plan, paid time off, paid holidays, employee referral program and stock options. We are seeking results-oriented people that are driven to succeed through teamwork, focused on discovery to solve real-world challenges, and passionate about building a new industry.
Please submit your resume online at: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=nanosys&jobId=58994&lang=en_US&source=CC455959